Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Taking it Slow

First off I'd like to thank everyone who has signed up to follow this blog; all 12 of you. No really thank you, that's more than I thought I'd get. I'd also like to thank everyone who has welcomed me and offered help and advice,-sorry if I' haven't thanked you personally; I usually try to reply right away but sometimes I'll just read my messages thinking that I'll respond later, and end up forgetting, that or I think to much time has passed and it would be awkward to reply, although I guess better late than never. But that is also something I didn't expect, I figured people would either ignore yet another blog, or just stick around to see what kind of giveaways I have.

 In my first post a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I didn't know when I was going to have enough done here to consider things complete, the whole work in progress thing. And I have been making progress, I put my info out there, I've been connecting with certain people, and looking into giveaways. But suddenly I've been feeling kind of stretched out, like I have so much to focus on, not only for this blog I'm also suppose to be learning to drive (the high school I went to is right down the street so I didn't need to know how at the time), everything else is pretty much the everyday life routine: work, family.

I'm not saying that I feel like I don't have time to be doing this, trust me I do, I just get like this every year around this time and actually it hasn't been that bad this time around. I can't say why it happens blame either Spring Fever or the schools, since they pretty much programed into me that this is the time to hurry and get things done.
I blame school for a lot of things, the other day I heard a bell ring and thought that I was late for homeroom completely ignoring the fact that I graduated three years ago.

Anyway I realized that I don't have a deadline for when I should consider this blog complete so I'm going to take my time with it, have a few trial runs, make out a writing schedule. Although schedules don't normally work for me which is probably why I feel rushed. But I'm going to try some structure and try to finish things before I start.

So here's me slowing down, smelling the roses (although I don't get people who actually do that, I don't really like that smell), enjoying the view, and taking the scenic route.

No comments:

Post a Comment