Thursday, June 2, 2011

Book Trailer Thursday: Cleopatra's Daughter

Earlier this week I was introduced to Book Trailer Thursday hosted by Quill Cafe -I'm adding a link to their post so you can see what it's all about, since it's my first time I don't really feel like it's my place to explain it like I'm an old prop or something. I don't know about you but it always bugs me when a newcomer comes along acting like they know what they're talking about. Although really I think it's pretty much self-explanatory.

Thursday + book trailers you want to talk about = book trailer Thursday.

The book trailer I've chosen is Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran



This book is definitely my favorite of the books I've read this year. I would say my all time favorite but that might just push me into the obsessed fan category.
Come to think of it, I am a little obsessed. Alright so Cleopatra's Daughter is my all time favorite historical fiction novel.

As for this trailer... well I think it could be maybe a little bit better. Don't get me wrong it does a great job in capturing the amazingness of the book, I love the emotion put into it. But I just don't think it exactly fits right with the whole story, it makes it look like it's suppose to be about the main character Selene finding love after great tragedies. Which she does but it's not just that, there is more to it.

I loved the actor portrayals since they look like real people and clearly match the ages. The choice of music fits perfectly, I don't know if I ever mentioned it but I always feel a strong connection with music.

All in all it's a pretty amazing trailer for a really amazing book; if I hadn't already read it seeing this trailer would most likely make me want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment