Thursday, June 30, 2011

Book Trailer Thursday: Overbite

Where has the time gone?
I genuinely can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I've written anything. I wrote last week's post at the same time as the last two, -I have a tendency to just randomly start writing  I still have a review from April that I haven't finished- that's why it was so short, I meant to go back and add more but didn't get to.

I really hate when that happens I start doing something and have it all set up than I suddenly stop. It's the reason I never work out, I plan it out, do it for a week than something occurs that makes me stop. Usually it's my sister coming to visit, which is kind of upsetting since she only comes twice a year. Kind of makes me wonder what I do in those six months between visits.
Mostly nothing.
Yeah I'm getting lazier everyday. To tell the truth if I hadn't gotten an email earlier this week reminding me of a giveaway hop I joined, I probably wouldn't even be writing. My main problem is I don't have a lot going on, I need to be involved in things to actually get motivated to do anything else.

Anyway moving on every Thursday we (all who wish to join and the host Quillcafe) welcome everyone to join us in celebrating the awesomeness that is book trailers.
To participate, on a Thursday you post an entry in your blog with an embedded book trailer of your choice (note: the trailer can be fan made but please no movie trailers of book adaptations) with your thoughts and comments underneath. It can be a book you have read, want to read or have never even come across before.

This week Overbite by Meg Cabot

Not really a traditional book trailer but it's Meg Cabot! I love her she was like my Judy Blume, she might even be the main reason I even know who Judy Blume is. I was obsessed with her in 9th grade, mostly since I discovered her late 8th grade and that was the year they republished a lot of her earlier work. But really any more obsessed I might have been building her a little shrine in my room; I never did so no need for her to get a restraining order, even though I already got to meet her last year at the LA Times Festival of Books

I might have cut in front of everyone in line to get there, I really don't know I turned around and there were people waiting to get in to buy their books. No one told me anything about waiting in line, and I had already gotten my book pretty easily.
Oh well.
I still haven't read Insatiable so I can't actually read the sequel yet, I always wait for paperbacks although I'll probably get it on my nook anyway.
 But how much fun is this trailer?
That's pretty much all I can say about it, that it's fun. Meg Cabot's yet to do something I disapprove of. Which I actually wish she would, I just want to know how far she'd have to push it.

No comments:

Post a Comment