Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Wish There Was Room in My Beach Bag

In an earlier post this week I mentioned a link-up party celebrating summer and the books we plan to read. Than I went on to list the books on my summer reading list and mentioned that I was going to have another for what I would like to read if I get the chance.
Well after realizing last night that most of those books are somewhat long and don't exactly fit into the "light fun summer reads," category I'm going to make an effort to throw some of these in:

Sisterhood Everlasting (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #5)
Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares
The final book of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, how can I resist? Especially since it was said that the fourth was the last, I love and hate when authors do that. On the one hand it's great to have more in a series but then, at least for me, they come out just when I'm getting over them. But I do want to see the Sisterhood now that they've grown up, kind of like catching up with old friends. And it's funny since I read one book for each year of high school so I really would be going back.


Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1)Once Dead Twice Shy (Madison Avery#1) by Kim Harrison
This would probably be at the top of my most likely reads, it's been too long since my last paranormal book, I can't even remember the last good one.
Truthfully the prequel to this, Madison Avery and the Dim Reaper wasn't my favorite story in the anthology Prom Nights From Hell, but I figured that maybe with a little more story space it might be good.

Queen of Kings
Queen of Kings by Maria Dahvana Headley
I've been somewhat overly obsessed with Cleopatra this year and have actually shown some pretty good self-control by not reading everything I could find about her. But after seeing that cover and reading the description I couldn't resist.



Summer isn't summer for me without Meg Cabot, and I should consider finishing this trilogy before I move on to her others. Might try to thrown in Insatiable and Abandon if I can.





I might consider trying to finish the Pretty Little Liars series since I've only read the first three, but since I also watch the show that might not be such a good idea, (last time I read the books while the show was airing I actually ended up having dreams about it. It was a little liar overload.)
Really I'll take anything I can get or whatever I'm in the mood for.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm seeing the OCD side of you. I never make lists of what I'm going to read this summer. Now what I want to read in the next week, yeah.

    Thanks for visiting StuckInBooks.com today and sorry you didn't get to join the read-a-thon. It's been fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I should really go back to some of my old hobbies instead.

    ReplyDelete