Sunday, July 10, 2011

Once Upon A Read-a-thon Pre-Update


Once Upon a Read-a-Thon
Just a few hours away from starting the Once Upon a Read-a-thon hosted by Lori at Pure Imagination, Candace at Candace's Book Blog, and Angela at Reading Angel.

This will be the third read-a-thon that I take part in this year, so far I've gone 6 hours and 24 hours. Truth I crashed after 90 minutes during the 6 hours, little tip always make time to eat. I didn't do it on purpose though I was in a situation where I couldn't get food, so I figured reading would take my mind off it, of course it didn't.

Then the 24 hours might have been more like 19.

I'd love to explain my strategy but I don't even know what it is. I'm like a bad cell phone plan; I roll over minutes, deduct sleeping and eating time, really everything but however long it takes to update.
(It's my dream to one day find someone who actually understands me enough to explain it all to me.)
 As for updates I'm hoping to do so a lot more than I did the last time, and not just for the awesome prizes that our three hostess will be giving away.
Oh who am I kidding?
It's all about the giveaway!

Actually since it is three days, updates would make sense and be easier, plus I invited a few friend to participate so I should let them know what's going on too.
Since I don't know how often I'll be stopping to write or if I'll actually have enough to post here most of my minor updates will be going on my Goodreads profile HERE.
I don't even completely know what I'll be reading; most likely I'll be trying to finish up the four books that I've been reading. Hopefully I'll be able to finish them, but I'm somewhat doubtful since I'll probably be jumping back and forth from book to book..
Also I should really try to throw in my driver's handbook, not officially a real book but I've had it for about six months and I think it's time I actually attempt to finish it.

I had wanted to spend the day trying to do everything I would normally do during the next three days to get them out of the way, but then someone suggested going out. Spending the next three days inside going out made sense so we decided to go to the Long Beach Shakespeare Festival. It wasn't exactly what I expected, mostly since no one listened when I said what time it started so we got there way to early, plus I went with people that don't really care for that type of thing.
Oh well live and learn.
Then live some more and realize hey I already learned this before!

No comments:

Post a Comment