Thursday, July 14, 2011

Once Upon A Read-a-thon Wrap Up

I'd like to think that it makes perfect sense that I did most of my reading on the last day of the read-a-thon. I don't know why but I really got into it yesterday afternoon. So much that I didn't even bother to make any updates here, even more I missed Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown! on TV last night. I'll admit when I realized that I missed it I almost cried a little.
I mean that figuratively I'm not that far gone. Luckily someone sent me the link so I can watch it here. You gotta love Charlie Brown, and I am so Lucy!
Which opens me up rather nicely to talk about my recent purchase:

I didn't even plan that transition!
I saw this shirt and thought it was just perfect for me! I've been wanting a shirt with Snoopy longer than I've wanted a reading related one.
I know a couple of people who are very against me wearing shirts with cartoon characters on them, I'm 21 and they think I should "dress my age." What does that even mean? I figure the shirts are being sold and someone has to buy them.
If wearing cartoon shirts is wrong I don't want to be right.
And it's not like they're the only things I wear (now that would be weird), I think what bothered those people was that I had a Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm shirt I was obsessed with. They'll be happy to know that it's long gone.
They might not be so excited to hear that I'm planning a Character Appreciation Week the first week of August where I'll be wearing all my character shirts all week long. It ends with my I Love Lucy shirt which bugs a lot of people too.

I was writing about the read-a-thon right?
Right, well I was able to finish two books and make it half way through two others so overall I made some pretty good progress. Not what I wanted, but it's my own fault for not planning it through.
I've joined a book club that is having a 24 hour read-a-thon next weekend so here's hoping that one goes a little better.
But I had fun this week with this read-a-thon I've never had a reason to read straight for three days. Well not since freshman year when I became obsessed with reading.

This is the last week of the July Summer Giveaway Hop so if you haven't entered there's still time.

No comments:

Post a Comment