Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bucket List #1

This is something I've been wanting to work on for sometime now, a list of things to do in my life. I'm actually not sure when I started referring to it as a bucket list, but I guess that's basically what it is, things to do before I "kick the bucket."
Yeah I'm really going to have to reconsider that name. How 'bout I just leave it at as My Life's To-Do List?
That works.
I'm not sure why actually writing it out made me rethink it, same way I didn't say "things I want to do before I die." Although that's not why I want this list, I'm making it because I'm big on life experiences, the end doesn't matter it's everything before.
Or something like that, I'm really just writing without thinking right now.
I've decided to share my list here because like any goal it should be written out.  I can't remember if it's encouraged to share them, all those high school goal setting lectures are kind of fuzzy, I know I never actually spoke my goals aloud.
Which might be why I haven't reached them.
But these aren't life goals, those are actually important to accomplish. These are things I'd like to experience in my life, however small, although very few actually are.
I'm going to be numbering these post just to keep track; the items on my list aren't really in any specific order. I say this as a disclaimer for anyone that thinks what I'm about to share is at the top of my list, it's not I was just inspired this morning to start with this one.

What inspired me?
Just the 12th Annual Elvis Festival.
Why did this inspire me?
Well because one of the items on my list just happens to be: Date an Elvis Impersonator.
Please don't ask me why, most of the things on my list just kind of popped into my head, (although this might be the strangest) and I think it would make an "interesting story."
Don't you think it would? Think Uncle Jesse in the first season of Full House. (Which by the way I can watch again without giggling and thinking about him as Corny Collins in Hairspray.)
Alright maybe not so much Uncle Jesse, someone once ask me what I would do if I ended up marrying that impersonator who might be as obsessed as he was in the show. My response: Well as long as he's accepting of all my I Love Lucy stuff we can have a nice 1950's style theme going on, which is a thought that I love.

 I'll admit that most impersonators are slightly old and maybe a little,... what's the word?
Creepy? Well at least the one's I've encountered. But I figured there's got to be a few that start young right?

But how much of a sign is that? (I'm also big on signs). I'm laying in bed this morning listening to the radio when they start listing the events going on in the area this weekend, and I just happen to hear about an Elvis Festival. What better place to find that impersonator? Well aside from Vegas.

Although I did find one in Disneyland, that looked pretty young. Plus he made it clear that he didn't actually think he was Elvis.

video


No comments:

Post a Comment