Thursday, September 1, 2011

Book Trailer Thursday: Dawn of Avalon

Every Thursday we (all who wish to join and the host Quillcafe) welcome everyone to join us in celebrating the awesomeness that is book trailers.

To participate, on a Thursday you post an entry in your blog with an embedded book trailer of your choice (note: the trailer can be fan made but please no movie trailers of book adaptations) with your thoughts and comments underneath. It can be a book you have read, ant to read or have never even come across before.

This week I've chosen Dawn of Avalon by Anna Elliott:



I found this trailer while looking for medieval era books for next month's group read in my historical fiction book club. I pretty much jumped at the chance to suggest a book because I love love love anything medieval!
I actually considered being a medievalist, I didn't because, well it's easier said than done. Also I don't like limiting myself to one subject, since my obsessions do vary, but more on that later.

I first heard about this book about a year ago when the second in the trilogy, Dark Moon of Avalon was published. I think the fact that it has the word Avalon in the title is what got my attention, I actually didn't even acknowledge that it's about the legend of Tristan and Isolde, mostly because I don't know it.

As for the trailer, I'm not too crazy about the visuals (which is always my complaint, right? You'd think I'd stop picking those), I do like the pictures that were used I'm just being choosey on how they were used. The music is awesome though, (am I always saying that too?) I love how it makes the story sound epic. And the captions are also great, not really telling you the story just enough to get your attention.

And as a convenient plug-in for the trilogy the final book Sunrise of Avalon will be published next month. Which would make now a perfect time for me to start reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment