Thursday, September 15, 2011

Book Trailer Thursday: The Luxe & Rumors

Every Thursday we welcome everyone to join us in celebrating the awesomeness that is book trailers.

To participate, on a Thursday you post an entry in your blog with an embedded book trailer of your choice (note: the trailer can be fan made but please no movie trailers of book adaptations) with your thoughts and comments underneath. It can be a book you have read, ant to read or have never even come across before.

This week in honor of the Bright, Young and Luxe Giveaway I've chosen not only the trailer for The Luxe, but also it's sequel Rumors.


The best thing about both of these? They're fan made! Normally I prefer to avoid fan made trailers because well 1) as I've mentioned before, I'm a former film student so I've had to watch a lot of student films that were...well obviously made by students. 2) with so many video websites people tend to over share these things and just do them so others will see, and 3) it's never the way I imagine it, especially when they use movie clips or pictures of actors. (I have it right up there with fanfiction.)
The creator of these videos pretty much said they made them because they saw others and wanted to make their own(#2).
But really these videos look inspired, like something said make them, not just "oh hey I'll give it a try." But then again maybe that's just me, when I make videos; I need to be inspired first.

Can we talk about the music choice? One word: captivating. That's what really got me.
The choices for the characters are also pretty perfect (how often do I say that?). Then again I've always been an Orlando Bloom fan so maybe that helped persuade me.
Everyone except Henry, earlier this week I said he better be hot, well that's not exactly what I had in mind.
Rumors:

Is this better than the first? Funny, that's what I said about the books too! I loved Rumors!
Music? I'm downloading it as I write.
It's just perfect. And not just because I love that it has one of those scenes where everyone is dancing and spinning at the same time! (Not so much the Harry Potter one, I prefer the earlier one.) I love those scenes in movies, even more when it's set to an amazing score.

Although hind-sight can you really tell what's going on and how exactly it connects to the book?
Maybe a few pieces especially since I have read it and know what's what. But even if I didn't they still "captivate" me.

No comments:

Post a Comment