Monday, September 5, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

I haven't posted about what I'm reading all summer, mostly because at the time it was all going so slow. But with a new season approaching things have changed a bit... hopefully.

I started the week reading Darwin's Children by Natasha Larry, which was offered to be for a review, I'm hoping that I'll have that posted by this weekend. I'm curious to know where it's going and what I'll think of it, I'm liking it so far but with me a lot of my opinion is based on the end.

I finished the week reading The Vampire is Just Not that into You. How could I resist a title like that? Actually it was pretty easy when I saw how small it was, just under 200 pages it didn't seem quite worth it. But since all Borders stores are closing I went with my cousin to see what we could find and there it was again (and I say again meaning that it was in the exact spot I left it last time). I picked it up as a joke and read from the first page I opened to, which happened to be: Vampire Pick-up lines which include "Do you know the way to the graveyard? I just died in your arms." I'd use it!
Well maybe not, but the book has turned out to be hilarious. It's rare for me to find a book that can make me feel anything, so the fact that this one has me laughing definitely makes it a keeper.

As for upcoming reads this week I'll most likely be starting Mockingjay the final book of the Hunger Games trilogy (as if you didn't know). I know when I finished the first I said it would be a while before I moved on to the rest but I got Catching Fire so much quicker than I expected and as many readers have discovers once you start there's no stopping.
Don't believe me? Check out my review for Catching Fire.

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I shouldn't say it but I think I might have a crush on this book, it's probably the reason I can't write a review about it. Very few books have left me with the feeling that this one did. I'm not saying it was perfect but overall it was definitely worth reading.


Yes I am that smitten with it, when I came up with what I was going to say in my review I actually went on a little more but decided to restrain myself. That's actually a reason why I don't write at night, I come up with some pretty good thoughts but I tend to rant a little.

1 comment:

  1. I understand the Catching Fire book crush! :) Glad fall has inspired your reading again :)

    ReplyDelete