Friday, September 2, 2011

"To-Do" #2 - Ride a Mechanical Bull

This is a list of things to do in my life. I'm making it because I'm big on life experiences.
I've decided to share my list here because like any goal it should be written out.  I can't remember if it's encouraged to share them, all those high school goal setting lectures are kind of fuzzy, I know I never actually spoke my goals aloud.
Which might be why I haven't reached them.
But these aren't life goals, those are actually important to accomplish. These are things I'd like to experience in my life, however small, although very few actually are.
I'm going to be numbering these post just to keep track; the items on my list aren't really in any specific order
The reason I'm sharing this week's goal: Well it all started sometime in July, when I mentioned to my mom that this was going to be the first time in 5 years that she stayed home for her birthday.
Long story short I a made a suggestion, it was rejected, they went somewhere in Arizona instead. But when they got back they were telling me about going back for a rodeo in a couple of weeks. Then I again suggested that they just go to the upcoming one, that is just a couple of hours away so they don't have to leave the state. I actually think that they were considering going, at least just to take me, since I have no real clue why but I enjoy rodeos. I've only ever been to one but still I'm a cowboy fan. And horses, I don't like westerns though.
Anyway it turned out the rodeo was the weekend they came back, I spent about 20 minutes trying to explain to my dad that it had passed. Although it didn't help him that I started making time travel jokes saying I'd call The Doctor and have him take him back a week in the TARDIS. (They used to be delorean jokes but I've since moved on to Doctor Who.)
So moving on rodeos, bull riders, mechanical bulls!
 Yes Ride a Mechanical Bull.
It's just something I've always wanted to do.
I actually got a chance to try last year, but just wasn't it feeling like it.
Way to take life by the horns right? (Pun totally intended.) I don't remember why I didn't, I really wanted to too. I think a part of me just wanted to keep moving to where I wanted to be at that moment. (Pig races, gotta love that county fair.)
My main problem with this goal is that I don't want to be one of those girls, you've seen them the stereotype girl on a bull that for some strange reason always seems to be going in slow-motion. The fact that a girl showed up and attempted to do exactly that while I was watching might have also kept me from trying. But I also don't want to be the type to fly off it as soon as it moves, I have reason to believe that I wouldn't even be able to lift myself up.

Alright the fair is back this month, if I do go I will find that mechanical bull and won't let anything stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment