Thursday, October 20, 2011

Author Interview: Rose Pressey

I'm pleased to finally bring you the long awaited (well alright not really since I never mentioned it here and had kind of forgotten about it) author interview with Rose Pressey!

This interview would have gone with my review for Rose Pressey's Rock'n'Roll Is Undead at the end of August, but emails will do what they sometimes do and mine got lost somehow; so I didn't receive the response until earlier this week.
Which is perfectly fine, because now I get to talk about Rock'n'Roll Is Undead again.
I'd just like to say I'm holding this books partially responsible for my sudden fascination with anything rockabilly related. I say partially because the rest is just naturally me and is most likely why I chose to review Rock'n'Roll is Undead in the first place. Well also for the paranormal mystery; 2 of my 3 favorite genres.

Will there be more stories following Veronica Mason?

Yes, at least two more. The next is titled, Spells, Demons, and Rock ‘n’ Roll.


Do you have a favorite character in the story?

Veronica is definitely my favorite, but Buzz is dreamy.


Do you have anything specific that inspires you, or makes you think something would make a good story? 
 I get inspiration from so many things. Music, an item I see in a store, nature, people...I never know when something will click an idea in my head.


What is it about the paranormal that made you want to write in that genre?

I love trying to explain the unexplained.


What was the first paranormal book you read?

I remember reading Pet Cemetery by Stephen King when I was ten. I loved ghost stories when I was young too.


Who are your influences?

I’m not sure I have any influences, but I love many writers.


Did you listen to anything while you write?

I listened to a lot of Rockabilly music when I wrote Rock ‘n’ Roll is Undead. Elvis, Imelda May, and many others.


What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?

I like decorating my home on a budget, crafting, and shopping for bargains. I like to play with my Chihuahuas, spend time with my family, and of course, read.


Rose Pressey has also written many other paranormal books such as: Me and My Ghoulfriends, How to Date a Werewolf, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells and Flip That Haunted House. How great are those titles? And the covers are all so cute, but I have to admit my favorite part is the way the guys are described. They vary from handsome to sexy and even drool-worthy.

And after having read about the utterly delicious Buzz in Rock'n'Roll is Undead all I have to say is yeah. Veronica Mason wasn't the only one drooling over him.

No comments:

Post a Comment