Thursday, October 6, 2011

Frightful Fall Read-a-thon #2

Finished The Restless Dead: Ten Original Stories of the Supernatural

The Restless Dead: Ten Original Stories of the Supernatural
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
High 3 to The Wrong Grave
4 to The House and the Locket
3 to Kissing Dead Boys
4 to The Heart of Another
2 to The Necromancers
2 to No Visible Power
4 to Bad Things
2 to The Gray Boy's Work
3 to The Poison Eaters
3 to Honey in the Wound.

You see a book and think you'll be reading one thing, then you read it and get something else. Some stories were really good, like The Wrong Grave, Bad Things, and The House and the Locket, then others were just alright, like Kissing Dead Boys. But then a few I kind of wanted to look at them then at the cover and say "really that's your idea of the restless dead? I didn't even realize they were dead."

You give me a book with zombie-like hands on the cover I expect at least a little zombie-like behavior. I know it's YA but still they could have worked up something.

That's what I like about anthologies you don't have to like the whole thing. I got to read stories by 9 new authors, 2 of which I've wanted to try, thankfully I liked their stories.

Now I'm moving on to The Turn of the Screw, or at least trying it's been a slow start.

No comments:

Post a Comment