Monday, October 3, 2011

Frightful Fall Read-a-thon

This is turning into the year of the read-a-thon for me, and October will definitely be the month that confirms that.
This month I have entered 4 different read-a-thons, but conveniently they seem to coincide with each other, one ends just as the other begins then two weeks later I do it again. (3 are posted on the side.)
That might seem like a lot but my guess is that I'll be doing the same amount of reading as any other month.  And I figure that I should try to read a lot more this month since next month I've signed up for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), where well we pretty much spend the month writing. There's a lot more to it of course; I'm just keeping it simple here. I don't even know how long I've wanted to do this, I probably would have completed maybe 3 novels by now. I started one and never even got past the first chapter, but I'm saying it now and I will get to it.
Anyway getting back to this month the first read-a-thon I will be participating in started today (the 3rd) at midnight and goes on to next Sunday (the 9th), it's the Frightful Fall Read-a-thon hosted by The True Book Addict.
Now the one requirement for it is that you have to read one scary book, which makes perfect sense since it does have the word frightful in the title.
I was thinking of going for a classic horror story like Dracula, or The Turn of the Screw which was the book that  I really wanted to read last week. But then I looked up at my bookshelf and saw       
The Restless Dead: Ten Original Stories of the Supernatural

alright I didn't really see that since I don't have my bookshelf organized where I can see the covers, (does anyone besides a books store even do that?) But I did see the title and realized that I haven't read it yet.
But look at that cover! If that doesn't make it look like the perfect book to read for this I don't know what would.
Although I do say that not having read many horror novels. The best thing about it is that it's an anthology so I get to read ten short stories which I much prefer to do for read-a-thons and not only that but I get to find new authors.
I'm actually also considering reading any that I can find on my nook, which would most likely be one of the previous two that I mentioned.
I'll have to see where my mood leads me.

First though I'm going to try and finish  Remembrance by Michelle Madow. Hopefully I'll be able to give it a full review later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Diana! Glad you're joining us this week. Now that book looks awesome! Can't wait to see what you think of it.

    I am also doing NaNo next month. I have signed up several times, but this time, I'm determined to really do it!

    Also, the prize page is up at the blog, if you want to check it out.

    Happy Haunted Reading!

    ReplyDelete