Monday, October 10, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.
 Thanks to the Frightful Fall read-a-thon last week I actually got a lot of reading done. A lot meaning more than usual.

I got to finish Remembrance, which I reviewed on Friday. I don't normally like calling what I write reviews they're more like my thoughts about something. And what I wrote about Remembrance came pretty close to being a love letter.
You don't know how happy that makes me though. For a while in the summer most of the books I read felt so forced but the last couple of months I've been reading books that have been amazing. It's like a new found love for reading.

I also read The Restless Dead, it wasn't as great as I hoped it would be, but at least I got to read some samples of a few authors I've been wondering about.
I was also working on The Turn of The Screw, and well I did finish it but not without some cheating, which pretty much involved reading a summary to see how it ends and maybe skipping a few chapters to get there.
I don't normally do all that but I didn't feel like I was enjoying it as much as I should have. I was reading and that was it, it was to a point where I finished a page and didn't even realized what had happened. I was processing the story but not really following along with it.
A major reason I decided to read it was because I heard that it inspired the movie The Others, which I love, so i figured it would be pretty similar but yeah not so much. And if it was I totally missed it.

Now for this week I just started Blue Bloods, which I actually wanted to read since it was first published, but I finally got it during the summer and since I'm on a reincarnation kick, thanks to Remembrance, I decided to read it now.
Although truthfully that "kick" as slightly worn off over the weekend.
I saw it on a list of books about reincarnation but even if I hadn't; I figured now would still be a good time to read it since it is about vampires.
But really vampires at Halloween time have been so overdone that no one even does them anymore.

That's the only book I'm reading at the moment, I'd start another one but nothing really calls to me right now. I'm between Jinx and The Crucible.  Jinx since I've also wanted to read it since it was published and I figured it would also go with the time of year. Witches at Halloween fit a little better.
And The Crucible, mostly because I have it but haven't read it yet.

*Just as a side note I don't normally wait for a certain time a year to read a certain type of book, that's just the way it's work out now.

2 comments:

  1. I read a few Halloween books last week, too - although they were not spooky in nature.

    Stop by my It's Monday post if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!! I love the way your blog looks :)

    New follower here :)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete