Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

This month I've read 8 books, that is a lot for me. I'm not sure how to feel about that. It's a good thing, I guess since I've crossed a lot off my to-read list.

Last week I finally finished Up on the House Top, which I started at the end of July, one day when I was mad. Mostly the only time I'll turned to that type of book.

I also got through Jinx, it's Meg Cabot that's all I really need to say, love it. My only question was Why did Jean have to be so naive? Is that just a part of being a teenage girl that I blocked out of my memory or is it a small town preacher's daughter thing?
Either way that's pretty much the only thing I didn't like about the story, the way she acted around Zach and was constantly saying that they were just friends.
Meg Cabot characters are lucky enough to have good guy friends to fall in love with them, they don't need to be so guarded. That's probably why I liked When Lightning Strikes and Pants on Fire so much those girls saw what they wanted and went for it.
Although I guess we all can't be like them and a little naivety doesn't hurt but I think the way she went on any other guy would have thought she wasn't interested.
But then again Zach wasn't any other guy.
As for the rest I would have liked to know a little more about their grandmother's story, and what led Tory to act that way; even if technically that actually wasn't the overall point of the story. Also more on why they call her Jinx since most of the things that happened were mostly her being clumsy.

For this week since I'm participating in a week long read-a-thon in a group I'm in, I'll most likely be switching back and forth between Bright Young Things, I just saw the cover for the third and knew I needed to start reading them. And What You Wish For, yet another anthology, I picked this because I won't be in such a rush to complete it, since I can move around in between stories.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Looks like you got through a lot of books! Check out how little I've gotten through lol

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like good books. Have you read any of Richelle Mead's books? I've been waiting for Bloodlines to come in at the library, but there's been a long waiting list!

    Booking It with Runner Sami

    ReplyDelete