Friday, October 7, 2011

Remembrance

RemembranceRemembrance by Michelle Madow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
  
New Hampshire high school junior Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet.
Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her.
Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she seem to get him out of her mind?
Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, the pair of them soon find that fighting fate isn't going to be easy.

This brought back so many memories of my junior year, Chelsea: the reason I couldn't have a best friend, Jeremy: the reason it wasn't a huge deal I didn't have a boyfriend and Drew: the reason I loved it all!
Whoa, what does that say about me?

It also reminded me of how much I loved reading back then, and how I would feel about certain books. I loved the story and seeing as how I finished it Monday and am still a little smitten with it four days later I think it would be safe to say I thought it was amazing.
I didn't even want to start another book yet.

The writing is beyond great the detail to the emotions of certain points... can I just leave it at I was pretty captivated?
This is one of those books I could "live in," I'm not even completely sure what I mean by that, it's not a "I'd like to be in it" type of comment. More like I wouldn't mind staying in the moment it created.
Basically I didn't want it to end.

I've love the idea of reincarnation and love through the ages or whatever you'd call it. Just the idea of getting a second chance at something it's perfect to me.

Also the inspiration for it: the music video for Taylor Swift's Love Story, I loved it when I first saw it, then over time I was over it and pretty much anything Taylor Swift put out, but thanks to Remembrance I've fallen in love with her music again.
But going back to Michelle Madow seeing that video and coming up with such an amazing story that's something that I loved hearing about. I always like knowing what inspired something and where certain ideas come from. 

The cover is what really got my attention, mostly because I'm currently obsessed with masquerades but hey that turned out to be a good thing since I never would have found this book if I wasn't.





Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I found this playlist on Michelle Madow's blog and couldn't resist putting it together; especially since I used to love making playlist for books.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such an awesome review -- I'm so glad you enjoyed Remembrance!

    ReplyDelete