Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Ever read a book that blew your mind away with its plot twists and ending so much, that you wish you could read it for the first time again, with a clean slate?
Don't we all? I like to look at it as "reliving the magic". As much as I love a book no matter how many times I reread it there's nothing like the first time.

 1)  Now You See Her by Jacquelyn Mitchard: It's not like other books I've read which is probably why I liked it so much, but it's one of those books that only makes sense reading it once because once you know what happens it's kind of hard not to notice small details you missed the first time around, which kind of ruins it.

2) The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray: I originally thought about just putting the third on this list The Sweet Far Thing, but then I remembered how much I loved the end of Rebel Angels, so I might as well throw in A Great and Terrible Beauty, even though to tell the truth I don't really remember the impression it left the first time I read it.

3) The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins: I'm obsessed and I don't really care! Although since like I've mentioned before the first is an audio book so I would actually be reading it for the first time

4) And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie: Like with all mysteries once you know who did it... well most of the mystery is gone.

5) The Giver by Lois Lowry; I read it so long ago that if I read it now it might be like the first time, but I still remember the ending like it was yesterday.

6) Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine; This would go under the "relive the magic" category.

7) Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran Somehow that's a ditto to the "magic", although I did just read it this year maybe I just want to read it again in general.

8) The Mediator series be Meg Cabot This series makes frequent appearances on my list because there was just something about the time when I read them, I'd like to feel that again. 

9) Wondrous Strange trilogy by Lesley Livingston I'm also obsessed with this trilogy and the first was also an audio book I'd like to actually read.

10) Troy by Adele Geras; I'm not sure why this is on my list I remember falling in love with it the first time I read it and I guess I want that again.

Can I throw in an honorable mention?
1-800 Where-R-U series, by Meg Cabot like The Mediator it's connected to a certain time when my love of books was, amplified? But with this series I'd just like to add the first, third and definitely the last.

1 comment:

  1. #4! Agatha Christie always makes these lists. I really should get busy and start reading her.

    ReplyDelete