Friday, October 21, 2011

Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon


 WWRAT

And I continue my month of the read-a-thon with the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon hosted by: Bex @ Kindle Fever and April @ My Shelf Confessions, my second this month since one ended up being cancelled. But that doesn't mean I haven't been reading, I've actually been getting through a lot of books, it's kind of scary really.
So far this morning I was able to finish The Crucible, yay first time I'm able to say that on the first day of a read-a-thon.
The Crucible












I'm slightly struggling with my current read, which I won't be naming because for some strange reason I don't want to say much about it until I finish. The way I'm acting you'd think a family member wrote it.
But hopefully I'll have finished that tonight, and tomorrow I'll most likely start working on Rapunzel's Daughters and Other Tales.

Rapunzel's Daughters and Other TalesAnother anthology, (I say another because that's what I read for the last read-a-thon) this one with fairy tale retellings. I'll be going into it a little worried that I won't like it that much, I'm not sure why I guess I'm just choosy about retellings. Hopefully my hesitation won't actually affect what I think about it though, that's happened a couple of times, where I don't let myself enjoy a story. Although really how good was it that it couldn't change my mind?




Now before I go back to reading I'd just like to share my responses for the challenges today.

The first from Bex @ Kindle Fever:
What do you think would be the most perfect creepy storyline for a book or movie?

My answer:It takes a lot to scare me, although I try not to over share that because I do fear the day when I find something that will totally absolutely scare me. A story idea did come to me the other day while walking, about someone being haunted by an inanimate object they stole form someone, kind of like Tell-Tale Heart with a real ghost.

And the second from Britta @ LovelyLit Blog
For this challenge you will be making one sentence using only book titles. You can use as many books as you'd like. Your sentence will probably be silly but that makes it even more fun! Just make sure its a real sentence. Subject & Verb!

My answer: Up on the house top, fresh off the boat blue bloods saving Juliet; when lighting strikes.

Up on the Housetop (Kyron Pack #1)Fresh Off the Boat Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) Saving Juliet When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1)


Alright I just went down my book list and chose what sounded good, that's usually how I work with deadlines, wait til there's only an hour left and try to figure something out.


2 comments:

  1. I took a break from reading during the WW read-a-thon to follow your blog. Happy reading..would love it if you followed my book review blog:
    http://kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love putting anthologies in with read-a-thon titles. It helps break up the longer reads and makes you feel accomplished! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete