Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dusty Reads (1)


Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind


Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)Basis for the television series Legend of the Seeker, launching in Fall 2008!
Millions of readers the world over have been held spellbound by this valiant tale vividly told.

Now, enter Terry Goodkind's world, the world of the Sword of Truth.

In the aftermath of the brutal murder of his father, a mysterious woman, Kahlan Amnell, appears in Richard Cypher's forest sanctuary seeking help ... and more. His world, his very beliefs, are shattered when ancient debts come due with thundering violence.

In their darkest hour, hunted relentlessly, tormented by treachery and loss, Kahlan calls upon Richard to reach beyond his sword-- to invoke within himself something more noble. Neither knows that the rules of battle have just changed ... or that their time has run out.

This is the beginning. One book. One Rule. Witness the birth of a legend.


 Now there's a story behind this one, and it strangely starts with my love of '60s sitcoms. I love I Dream of Jeannie, and a couple of years ago found a channel that showed it at night. What better way to end a long day than with a few classic laughs, really those shows never get old. 
So during a commercial for shows coming in the next season, I saw a really quick picture of a sword. 
Just a sword, with the title Legend of the Seeker, my love for swords might be greater than my love for '60s sitcoms. I had no idea what the show was about but I knew that I had to watch it. So I did, and it turned out to be something that I can't even explain why I like it as much as I did.

It had everything: a pretty cute hero, awesome female counterpart, a wizard, and an evil elf from the Lord of the Rings. (*Just for the record he wasn't an elf in the show, nor was he evil in the movies). 

I wasn't planning on reading the book, since I don't normally read books because of movies but sadly the second season ended the series, leaving me with only one choice for more Richard and Kahlan. Aside from the DVDs.

I got this book at the beginning of the year, and I just haven't gotten to read it. It all depends on my mood and what I feel like reading at the time, but it most likely will be one of the first I read next year. Or the last I read this year, judging by its size I think it's safe to say it might be both.

No comments:

Post a Comment