Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thoughtfull Thought: NaNoWriMo

December is two days away, not only does that mean that there are only 52 days until my birthday, 33 days til the new year and 27 days until Christmas but there are only two days left of NaNoWriMo.

I haven't heard if anyone has finished their novels yet, mostly because I've been kind of out of it since sometime last week so I haven't been paying attention to any of that.
If you did complete what you started, well kudos to you.

As for me... well how many people actually thought I would do it?

I'm not even sure if I did anymore. I saw myself doing a lot more writing then I did, I know that much. I'm not sure what I expected, but seeing as how it was my first official time actually attempting to participating it's not much of a surprise to me that I didn't get anywhere near close to done. 

Last week's episode of The Simpsons [click for summary] pretty much sums up my writing process.



That's alright Lisa, you and me both, and our CD collections really did need organizing. Maybe we all need a Neil Gaiman poking us when we need the boost.
I'll admit it's been a while since I've been able to relate to Lisa Simpson, especially since now I watch Once A Upon A Time instead. I'd like to think it was more than a coincidence that I just happened to watch this episode when I haven't even see the show in months.

So I wasn't able to reach the writing goal set, at least I started something, now it's just a matter of taking my time to complete it.
And who knows maybe it'll help me get ready for next year...
yeah probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment