Friday, November 4, 2011

"To Do" #3 - Write A Novel

This is a list of things to do in my life. I'm making it because I'm big on life experiences.
I've decided to share my list here because like any goal it should be written out. I can't remember if it's encouraged to share them, all those high school goal setting lectures are kind of fuzzy, I know I never actually spoke my goals aloud.
Which might be why I haven't reached them.
But these aren't life goals, those are actually important to accomplish. These are things I'd like to experience in my life, however small, although very few actually are.
I'm going to be numbering these post just to keep track; the items on my list aren't really in any specific order

It's been about two months since I've last posted anything on my list, and I'm pretty sure I haven't crossed any off it lately.
But now would be a good time to continue sharing my list because one thing on that list just happens to be: Write a Novel.
Which brings me to my NaNoWriMo Day 4 Update: I hit page 3 last night! Making it about 1,000 word so far. If you read about my previous attempts at writing you'll see why I think this is some what of a good thing for me. If the last time I was only able to get one page three pages should put me ahead two years.
But I'll admit that once I did start writing those few pages it did feel good to just write and see where I went.

It's really too bad I couldn't go further. And really the reason for that is simply because I'm not spending a lot of time on it.
Something in me just won't let be devote myself entirely to this novel. One of those somethings might just be that I'm a total scatterbrain who is everywhere at once.
(Perfect example would be the fact that I just decided to look up a belly dance book, while writing this. All because I looked over at my shelf and saw a Snoopy book. Figure that out.)

Another thing might be something I asked myself a few weeks ago, while I was thinking about the kind of story I wanted to write, and that was Who am I to be writing a novel? It's like that commercial that says "You wouldn't want your doctor doing your job."
 I'm the girl that gets mad when celebrities try to do more than one job, if you're a singer, then sing don't try to act too. And then we have the ones who try to write books themselves!
I'm just really hesitant about doing something everyone else does. It's like saying It's so easy a caveman can do it. Minor reason why I stopped making videos.
It's also the reason I gave up the piano. I didn't want to make the music I wanted to dance to it!
Why write when I can read?

But of course all my reasons come back again when I start writing and of course that feeling you get when you finally complete what you've started.
That's good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment