Sunday, December 4, 2011

...First Years of my Life- Reading Challenge

                                                                                    HOSTED BY WORDS AND PEACE
I found this challenge a few weeks ago, but I just realized that I never posted about it. Mostly because I wasn't 100% sure about it. Not sure when that changed but I'm in now.

What it is about?
Easy: pick up and read a book that was published in the first years of your life.
Just pick up 1 book per year.


Levels:
- 3 years = Toddler
- 5 years = Kid
- 10 years = Pre-Teen
- 15 years or more = YA


You don’t need to choose your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go along.
It’s OK to choose the same title for this Challenge and other challenges.

To find books published in a specific year, google: ‘Books published in… ‘, and you’ll find several links.
The one I prefer is the Goodreads’ one: ‘Most popular books published in…’ The list displays 200 books, including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, for each year.

I went to Goodreads to see the books published in the early '90's and was pretty surprised to see that most I already had waiting to be read on my shelf; really there was only one or two years where I'll have to find one that interest me.


I'd like to try to make it to the Kid level, but we'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment