Monday, December 26, 2011

Top 10 Books I Read in 2011


I LOVE top 10 list, especially at the end of the year since I also love looking back at all the things that have gone by.
This week, Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound by Books, Rachel from Fiktshun and Jaime and Patricia from Two Chicks on Books are hosting the Top 10 of 2011 Blog Event.

I've read a lot this year so that also means I gave a lot of books a higher rating, on average I'll usually only have three books a year that I give 5 stars to. This year there was a total of eight.

Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
1) Tempestuous (Wonderous Strange #3) by Lesley Livingston - 5 stars
I got the first book of the trilogy Wondrous Strange free as an audio book last summer and I wasn't in much of a rush to listen to it; but then I received an advance copy of this one, so it was like something really wanted me to read these books. And I'm so glad I did, it's such an imaginative story with great details.


2) Cleopatra's Daughter By Michelle Moran - 5 stars
Cleopatra's DaughterThis book stuck with me for so long after I read it, I still have moments when I think about it all the time. It also made me remember how much I loved history; the story was so good while reading I actually forgot where I was and where I was supposed to be. Selene is such an amazing character it's hard not to love her.
It also amplified my obsession with anything Cleopatra.

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)

3)  Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins - 5 stars
The review I wrote after reading it pretty much sums up whatever I felt for Catching Fire:
I shouldn't say it but I think I might have a crush on this book, it's probably the reason I can't write a review about it. Very few books have left me with the feeling that this one did. I'm not saying it was perfect but overall it was definitely worth reading.

And I should also admit that after reading this and Mockingjay those two books stuck with me enough to actually make me forget about Cleopatra's Daughter for a while.

4) Remembrance (Transcend Time Saga #1) by Michelle Madow-5 stars
RemembranceI've love the idea of reincarnation and love through the ages. Just the idea of getting a second chance at something seems perfect to me.
This is one of those books I could "live in," I'm not even completely sure what I mean by that, it's not a "I'd like to be in it" type of comment. More like I wouldn't mind staying in the moment it created. Basically I didn't want it to end. I loved the story and seeing as how I was still a little smitten with it four days after I read it I think it would be safe to say I thought it was amazing.


Runaway (Airhead, #3)5) Runaway (Airhead #3) by Meg Cabot - 4 stars
No list of my is complete without Meg Cabot, she's like my version of comfort food. No matter the book it just feels like a safe zone when I read it.
This story ended up being really good, considering that I didn't really like Airhead the first in the trilogy.
Considering what I just said about all of her books, I'm not even sure if I had planned on continuing with this trilogy. If I hadn't gone to a book signing and gotten Being Nikki I'm not sure when I would have gotten to this.
Just goes to show...

6) Splendor (Luxe #4) by Anna Godbersen - 4 stars
Splendor (Luxe, #4)Not my favorite in the series but it did give the entire thing an amazing ending. I love it when stories end the way it did, it's a perfect example that not everyone gets a happy ending.




Body Bags (Body of Evidence, #1)7) Body Bags (Body if Evidence #1) by Christopher Golden - 4 stars
The reason I'm adding this to the list is mainly because of the main character Jenna Blake, it had been a while since I had read a book with a character that I could connect with so quickly.



8) Rock'n'Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason #1) by Rose Pressey - 4 stars
Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason #1)It's a really cute and fun read. The personality of all the characters were great because they actually have personalities, they're so distinct, that's a huge reason I enjoyed the story so much.
The descriptions are amazing. And the mystery was pretty subtle so you can actually focus on the story and not go through the whole think trying to guess the killer.


The Vampire Is Just Not That Into You9) The Vampire is Just Not That Into You - 4 stars
It really made me laugh, a LOT and very few books make me feel anything so when they do of course I give them a 5. Of course I didn't give this a 5 since it's not actually a book book, but it was just the perfect little pick me up I needed when I didn't even know I needed it.



10) Peter Pan and Wendy by J.M Barrie - 5 stars
Peter Pan and WendyI don't know why I liked a story about a boy who will never grow up, so much. Wendy was annoying, Peter himself was a little weird but I still really liked it, it's a simple little story that I think is one of a kind.
It's one of my favorite stories if I didn't like the book there would have been something very wrong.





Honorable Mentions:
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Christmas in Canaan

Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1)Jinx



1 comment:

  1. not surprised at your #2: I'm currently listening to it, and it's fabulous. Actually I chose another book by M. Moran as my best 2011 historical novel. see here: http://wordsandpeace.com/2011/12/30/year-of-reading-2011/

    ReplyDelete