Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 10 Books I'm Looking Forward To

While putting together this list I realized that 6 of my favorite authors have books coming out next year. Yay!
Although really that yay might be a little hollow since it's been years since I've run out to buy a newly released book.
I like paperbacks, and not only that but thanks to Borders closing I have a stack of books waiting for me and I get a little antsy when it gets too big.
I know people have shelves filled with unread books, but I just can't handle that.
So basically this is a list of books I look forward to reading eventually:

Underworld (Abandon Trilogy #2)1) Underworld (Abandon Trilogy #2)
by Meg Cabot 
Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.
Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead. Not this time. But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey. Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.
Eve, a runaway, finds a new job at a coffee shop on the outskirts of Tuscon. When she's approached by two wealthy teens who claim she bears an uncanny resemblance to their missing cousin Aurora, her life takes a turn for the dark and mysterious.
3) Starling (Starling, #1)
by Lesley Livingston
Warring powerful New York City crime families, all with ties to the supernatural, vie for control of the fate of mankind. "...reminiscent of The Bourne Identity and 'blend Norse, Egyptian, and Greek mythologies with paranormal elements.

The Lucky Ones (Bright Young Things, #3)4)
by

Letty's rising star is threatened by a new rival...Astrid's relationship with Charlie takes a dark turn...And Cordelia vows revenge against the Hales - once and for all...

November 1, 2012
A supernatural series set in Manhattan during the 1920s that follows a teen heroine reminiscent of two of the era's most famous literary women—Zelda Fitzgerald and Dorothy Parker. The story will be a wild new ride full of dames and dapper dons, jazz babies and Prohibition-defying parties, conspiracy and prophecy—and all manner of things that go bump in the neon-drenched night.

The Second Empress : A Novel of Napoleon's Court6)
by

Based entirely on primary resources, The Second Empress recreates Napoleon Bonaparte’s wildly promiscuous court--and the women who tried to control it.

New York City in 1907 is a kingdom of endless possibilities for anyone who dares to dream. The Gilded Age has ended, and immigrants fill the bustling streets. The glamour of Broadway lures those who desire the limelight-but only a few are fortunate enough to thrive in the lights of a city that casts long, dark, and merciless shadows...

Everneath (Everneath, #1)8)
by


Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever. 

The year is 2009. Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, has a girlfriend… and he can travel back through time. But it’s not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it’s just harmless fun.
That is… until the day strangers burst in on Jackson and his girlfriend, Holly, and during a struggle with Jackson, Holly is fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years to 2007, but this is not like his previous time jumps. Now he’s stuck in 2007 and can’t get back to the future.

Forbidden10) Forbidden
by


Claire Brennan has been attending Emerson Academy for two years now (the longest she and her mom have remained anywhere) and she’s desperate to stay put for the rest of high school. So there’s no way she’s going to tell her mom about the psychic visions she’s been having or the creepy warnings that she’s in danger.
Alec MacKenzie is fed up with his duties to watch and, when necessary, eliminate the descendants of his angelic forefathers. He chose Emerson as the ideal hiding place where he could be normal for once. He hadn’t factored Claire into his plans. . . . 

2011 Wrap up:
My original goal in January was to read 45 books this year, in April when I saw that I was more than half way there I moved it up to 50, a goal I reached at the end of September. So I'm ending the year having read 66 books. (Although hopefully by midnight tomorrow it'll be 67, since I'm still working on one.)
Next year I'm just going to set my goal for 50  books. I know not much of a challenge, but maybe halfway through I'll decided to change it again.

As for my post; this post right now is my 91st of both the year and ever published, since I did just start in April, if I had ever bother to complete the few I started it would have been my 99th. Hmm. I see a milestone to look forward to...

3 comments:

  1. So many books to look forward this 2012! You picked some of the best definitely ;) yay~ Great list! Happy New Year! Hoping 2012 brings you lots and more books! I wish you a Bookish 2012 ahead of you :D

    Here' s my Top 10 Books for 2012

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a few highly anticipated novels on there, so it means I have to put them on my wishlist too. Congrats on the reads, you've read more than you'd set for yourself! I didn't even reach 50.

    Jez
    Jez's Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Everneath SO bad. I've been hunting the internet for weeks for an ARC and hopefully I get one.
    I set my goal as 50 books for this year as well. I don't feel bad because I like to read long books. I figure it evens out :) Plus I don't have time to read more than that!
    Jessica @ Books: A true story

    ReplyDelete