Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top 10 Characters


These list have become a little questionable for me, seeing as how I haven't read that many books published this year, I can't help but wonder; is it top 10 created this year or introduced to me.
I've chosen to see it as introduced to me because either way they're all still new to me.

I'd love to pick a specific theme for today's character countdown, but much like yesterday's I don't have enough to pick from, so it's simply my favorite characters:

1) Cleopatra Selene from Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran, Selene was such an amazing character, it was hard not to love and admire her. This quote from the book pretty much sums her up best:  "A brave young woman who has always fought for what was right, even when it was unpopular."

2) Jenna Blake from Body Bags (Body of Evidence #1) by Christopher Golden, when I read Body Bags one of my main complaints was that none of the characters had much depth, but as I read the next two books of the series Jenna grew on me and I found it pretty easy to relate to he. Plus she's a junior sleuth; she had me at: "The first day at college, my professor dropped dead. The second day, I assisted at his autopsy"

3) Marcella from Daughters of Rome by Kate Quinn, I'm always drawn to characters like Marcella, who, without giving too much away, is basically ruthless. She realizes she has the power to manipulate men and she does, for that I admire her.

4) Spencer Hastings from Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard,  Although I did read Pretty Little Liars at the end of last year I didn't start liking her until I continued with the series. According to my thoughts after reading Perfect: "because she has so much against her sister." (Yeah I need to do some digging to get to the root of that).
I don't know why but she's the only character that doesn't bug me so much. Even with my liking Spencer so much, I only made it to Unbelievable and don't really see myself going any further. Especially since I already know what happens.
Spoilers I can't resist them.
 
5) Evangeline Hollis from Eve of Sin City by S.J Day, It might be a little weird that I'm adding her since I've only read a short story involving her, but it was enough to get me interested in the rest of her series.

6) Maddox from Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange #3) by Lesley Livingston - Sonny's best friend, he was around since the beginning but he really shined in Tempestuous he was the perfect counterpart for Sonny.

7) Veronica Mason from Rock'n'Roll Is Undead by Rose Pressey, She had such a great personality and I found her obsession with rockabilly awesome.

8) Kitty from Rock'n'Roll Is Undead by Rose Pressey, Veronica's werewolf best friend; first off she reminded me of the character Roxy from Michele Jaffe's Bad Kitty, who I loved, so it was an instant connection with her and she just turns into the best friend everyone would love to have.

9) Finnick Odair from Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins, Sometimes I find myself more drawn to characters who aren't the protagonist. And from the two discussions I've had on him, I've come to the conclusion everyone loved him.

10) Cordelia Grey from Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen, Any girl that obsesses about a guy the way she did bugs me, and what was up with her being a runaway bride in the beginning? I kept waiting for John to randomly show up. As much as she bugged me I think Cordelia was actually my favorite in the book, although that might just be because of her actions at the end and I tend to love people who did what she did. Or attempted to do anyway.

Honorable Mention:

Nevermore (Supernatural, #1)Sam Winchester (Dean was a little much.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my poor Finnick, *sniffle.* I would have had him on my list, but I did the Top 10 Awesome Book Chicks for mine. He totally would have been on my list though, he sure is pretty enough! I'd feed him a sugar cube any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh you picked some of the most fierce and awesome characters! Great list you have here!

    Here' s my Top 10 Characters of 2011

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete