Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top 10 Quotes

Since the entire week has been dedicated to top 10 list I've decided to add one more of my own. And really I'm the type of girl who can't end the year without an official post.
Although I do tend to procrastinate so it could very well have happened... I just remembered that aside from a top ten list devoted to books I wanted to do one for the year in general, oh well. That's how I work.

Now sticking with books; my top 10 quotes of the year; which originally would have been my top 50 personal quotes but my documenting process didn't go as well this time around.

I'm big on quotes a few years back I found a bunch of them and had my walls covered in my favorite quotes. Since then I love reading quotes and finding new ones in books, no matter what the situation I can always find one to connect with.

1) “It might not have been the destiny you would have asked for, Fennrys," she said quietly. "But I'm starting to think that the only destiny there is...is the one we make for ourselves.”
Lesley Livingston, Tempestuous 

2) “I don't think unhappiness is fated.”
Michelle Moran, Cleopatra's Daughter 

3) “This is a new day, a new life. You can't go around burdened by old mistakes forever.”
Gillian Shields, Immortal 

4) “You can't go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is...now.”
Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why 

5) “But some mistakes need to be made in order for you to realize they actually weren't mistakes in the first place,”
Courtney Turk, The Secret Diary of Ashley Juergens 

6) “Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.”
Natalie Babbitt, Tuck Everlasting 


7) “Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary.”
Oscar Wilde

8) “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
Mark Twain


9) “You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh 

10)  “It’s never an insult to be called what somebody thinks is a bad name. It just shows you how poor that person is, it doesn’t hurt you.”
Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird



No comments:

Post a Comment