Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top 5 Book Boyfriends


Looking at all the books I read this year I'm just realizing that I can not make it to 10.
Wow this was a bad year in romances for me. The books either didn't have a boyfriend, didn't make them memorable enough or I'd rather not add them to my list.

So instead of 10 here are my top 5:

1) Zach from Jinx by Meg Cabot, This would originally go along with a joke I'd make that I'm just naturally attracted  to guys named Zach, but he's a Meg Cabot character; what's not to love about him?
And any guy who'd save you from your crazy cousin while forgetting to put on a shirt deserves a spot on a this list.

2) Teddy Cutting from The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen, When he came back in Splendor I rejoiced; I believe my exact words might have been: "Teddy's back! All is right with the world!" I personally think he should get his own spin-off. He's such a sweet guy, it's hard not to love him.
Although would he actually fit in the boyfriend category?

3) Sonny Flannery from the Wondrous Strange trilogy by Lesley Livingston,... I don't even know why. I honestly can't give an answer, he just kind of snuck up on me at the end. Maybe it was his protectiveness.
 That and the way he referred to Kelley as firecracker reminded me a lot of Jesse de Silva from Meg Cabot's The Mediator.

4) Matt Carter from Darwin's Children by Natasha Larry, I kind of didn't want to add him because I'm currently reading the next book in the series and whenever I admit to liking a character bad things tend to happen to them. When I read Darwin's Children, I liked Matt so much I hadn't even realized how long it had been since I last liked a character.
Judging from the fact that this list won't make it to 10 that shouldn't be hard to believe.

5) Drew Carmichael from Remembrance by Michelle Madow, this book was also on my previous two lists this week, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Drew made it on here. In my review I credited him for being the reason I loved everything from my junior year, Drew just really reminded me of so much and I guess he brought back some good memories.

Honorable Mention:
Grease Danny Zuko from Grease by Ron De Christoforo, yes I actually read the book based on the musical. There's no beating the movie but it was still pretty cute.

7 comments:

  1. Can you believe I have yet to read a Meg Cabot book? I have been meaning to for so long. I didn't even know about her before I began blogging, but now it is just finding the time. Love your list. I can't believe you read Grease! I really couldn't stand the film. I know I'm crazy. I'm a former music teacher who loves the music of Grease, would watch it live, but never wants to see the movie again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Yes, any guy characters by Meg Cabot is great, especially her Mediator series.

    Jez
    Jez's Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way. I only did 5 as well. I thought I was the only one haha! I didn't really connect with the book boys this year. Oh, well here's hoping for a better next year :)

    http://twentysomethingfictionwriter.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-5-boyfriends-of-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I love this post. You made my day on a day I reaaallly needed my day made. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will like Matty a lot better in Darwin's Children: Unnatural Law. The book is practically about him, and he is SO AWESOME, I feel like a cougar salivating over him...

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved him in Unnatural Law! I was actually reading it when I made this list, I almost didn't add him since whenever I say I like a character something always happens to them. After I posted it, I was so freaked out for a couple of chapters that something was going to go wrong with him.

      Delete
  6. LOL! Pat, I love it! Did you just say you felt like a cougar? Wow, hero of the day. That is my editor ladies and gents!

    ReplyDelete