Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Childhood Faves

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Growing up my dad would always read to me before going to bed, he even credits himself for my love of books today...
I don't. Because, honestly? I don't remember enjoying books back then as much as I do now, and really if The Princess Diaries hadn't been a series or if I hadn't thought to read any other books Meg Cabot had written I don't know where my book shelves would be today.

I guess since my dad did pay for most or all of them there is credit to give him there.
As for the few books I do remember enjoying here's my list of childhood favorites: ("childhood" being age 11 and under.)

1) Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do you See? I was so obsessed with this book; I don't even know why.


Amelia Bedelia
2) Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish

3) Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss, I actually think it's the only Dr. Seuss I read growing up. I've always been sort of choosy with new things so usually when I find something I like I stick with it.




Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day  4) Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible No Good Very Bad Day by

5) the Ramona Quimby series by Beverly Cleary, I'm not sure what made me read them but I loved Ramona, she was my first favorite character in a book. I've already made my cousins read some of them, and I fully intend to make my niece read them when she's old enough (she's only 4 so by "old enough" I mean reading age).


Madeline6) Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans

7) The Boxcar Children by It's really to bad that by the time I discovered this series, I was reading too quickly and would finish them in a weekend.

8) A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett someone gave me the movie for my 7th birthday and I loved it, I got to read the book a few years later and loved it even more.

9) The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett I doubt that I knew it was by the same author of A Little Princess, I mostly read it because of my sister and it's length was probably a big reason why I liked it.

10) I'm going to give number 10 to a book I had- and probably still do somewhere- growing up. It was in Spanish which I could not and still can barely read it was my favorite again because of my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment