Monday, January 2, 2012

It's Monday. What are you Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.
I'm not 100 percent sure what I'm going to be reading this week, so I'm going to expand it to what I plan on reading this month.

Yesterday morning (and by that I literally mean morning, I didn't do much for New Year's Eve) I finished Unnatural Law by Natasha Larry, I had wanted to complete it before the year ended but wasn't able to make it, just needed a few more minutes. I will be posting a review for it later this week, as soon as I find the right words for it. Because as much as I'd like to I don't think it's much of a review if I just write "I loved it"!

Anyway with everything starting over I feel like I have a clean slate when it comes to reading and that's got me a little inspired.

First things first I still need to finish What You Wish For, which I started back in October, it's an anthology so I wasn't in much of a hurry.
I'm also going to be giving my nook a break for a few weeks so I'll be going back to books for a while.
I'll be getting to Aurelia by Anne Osterlund  which I kind of just want to get out of the way. I've had it since the summer but something in me really wants to get to it already.

Also I don't read a lot of memoirs or autobiographies but I try to read at least one around my birthday so I'll be getting to that with Jim Beaver's Life's That Way.
I always feel a little off around my birthday, it might be partially because of the holiday hangover, even though my birthday is a month after all of it, it's a little weird trying to get everything back to normal. Which is why I've decided to read something to bring me back and maybe ground me a little.

Besides that and other than a few reviews I'm just going to go with my gut and pick whatever book feels right.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I too feel like like 2012 is a clean new slate - I love that! Heres to a great year - books and otherwise!

    ReplyDelete