Monday, January 16, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but this year I've challenged myself to read 51 books. 51 because I was a few chapters short of finishing one from last year so I decided to have that as an added bonus. 

So while I was on goodreads, I looked over at the sidebar and saw:

2012 Reading Challenge You have read 4 books toward your goal of 51 books.

Great work, you're 2 books (4%) ahead.






2 books and 2 weeks down for the year... then it hit me that's a book a week, yeah I'm a little slow in the number department. Now there's no doubt that I can do that, it usually takes me two weeks to read a book but since I usually read two at a time I finish them at the same time. Sometimes on the same day.

Except of course when I get to that one book that takes me forever!
I will be reading said book this week: Wizard's First Rule, it might have been a mistake to choose to read this book, mostly because I was a huge fan of the show, and the only reason I think I'm reading it is because of the show. Which was cancelled which is probably the complete reason as to why it was on my shelf.
Does that make sense?

Lets just move on, I'm sure I'll have a few other It's Monday... post featuring it. You can join me on the quest to find the truth as to why I really added it.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure I'll end up enjoying it, but the pages are just so long.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goal to read 51 books this year =) Check out my Monday Wrap up!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your goal. Mines to read 50 books this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 books is still pretty awesome. You can do it! Good luck!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great start to your challenge. I am sure I won't meet mine this year, I seem to be reading a lot slower the past few months, but it's always fun to try.

    Wizard's First Rule is a good book. The series as a whole is too long, but the first few books are good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I have heard a lot of good comments about Wizard's First Rule, I'm mostly complaining since it's been a while since I read anything that long. I'm taking my time on it but I'll get through it.

      Delete