Monday, January 23, 2012

A Winter's Respite Read-a-thon

  
 I've been looking forward to this read-a-thon so much it's actually a little scary. What can I say, I love read-a-thons and this might be one of the last I can give my full attention to.
That being said, the actual scary part should be that I'm looking forward to the start of this read-a-thon and not the end; which just happens to be my birthday.

Yep, read-a-thon: yay! Birthday: meah.
There were a few things that I wanted to do (David Garrett concert or Wicked) but wasn't able to, so really it'll most likely be just another day. I'm thinking of having a giveaway, but we'll have to see,... see if I actually remember to put it up that is.

So far I've almost finished Rae of Hope by W.J May, and will start Life's That Way by Jim Beaver
 Life's That Waywhich I might have previously mentioned wanting to read around my birthday, it's the only time I really try to read memoirs or biographies (except last year when I got caught up with Cleopatra's Daughter, it was still about a real person, I did read some biographies later in the year though.)

Aside from that I'm also going to be reading Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T Michelle,
Brightest Kind of Darkness and if there's time maybe throw in Meg Cabot's Insatiable.

5 comments:

  1. They both look good. I have recently gotten into reading memoirs and biographies. I find that I really like them. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the read-a-thon. I hope you enjoy your reading this week and happy birthday early! I was supposed to go to Wicked for my birthday too, but I didn't get to go either. =O( Poor us! I hope my lovely read-a-thon will make your birthday better. LOL! Maybe you'll win a prize...or two. So be sure to stop by the blog and check out the mini-challenges, giveaways, and the prize page.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought Brightest Kind of Darkness for my Kindle, mostly because it was cheap. Can't wait to see what you think of it! I hear great things :)

    Good luck read-a-thonning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you find lots of time to read this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checking in to see if you're still with me on the read-a-thon. I hope so!

    ReplyDelete