Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dusty Reads (5)

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on a home shelf for some time.

The Lost Valentine, (original title: The Last Valentine)

The Lost ValentineNews reporter Susan Allison is looking for the perfect story about true love, though she doubts where such a thing really exists. Neil Thomas, Jr. wants the world to know about his parents’ bittersweet love story: On February 14, 1944, Caroline Thomas said good-bye to her beloved husband, a Navy pilot sent to the Pacific. For fifty years, she waited for him—until a miracle happened, and she received his lost valentine… In the present day, when Susan and Neil meet, can the story of Neil’s parents bring them together in a love as powerful as she dreams of and he remembers?

Now a Hallmark Hall of Fame Television Movie; which I never bothered to watch, and I actually enjoy Hallmark movies I just never got to see this one.

I've been hearing a few comments that it's pretty much The Notebook, which I've never read, nor have I seen the movie. Well I did see the end and that was enough for me, I know it's the top romantic movie of our time, but I don't want to put myself through that.
But maybe after this I'll give the book a try.

I actually took it off my shelf this Saturday to try and read it. Even though a huge part of me was trying really hard to fight the cliche of reading a Valentine's day themed book on the week of Valentines.
Fighting cliches won, that and the fact that I really wanted to finish a book for review. So back on the shelf it sits waiting.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Notebook either. But I hope you like this book.. :) Here is my Dusty Reads.

    A new follower! I would love, if you follow my blog back at Books Are Magic.

    Vidya @ Books Are Magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only part of the notebook I've seen is the part in the phone commercials during movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've don't think I've ever seen those, but what I saw completely broke my heart.

      Delete
  3. I want to read this one! It sounds like it's a really nice novel. I've read and watched The Notebook and loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do read it I hope you like it, I decided to read it after the movie with Betty White came out last year on TV. I might eventually read The Notebook, I'm more likely to read a book then watch a movie sometimes.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this or the Notebook, but I've watched the Notebook and it was AMAZING! This sounds like a good book, I'll add it to my TBR List. Great Post!
    (New Follower)
    Kayla @ Simply Kayla's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete