Monday, February 27, 2012

It's Monday. What are you Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

I try joining this meme every other week but apparently it's been a little more then a month since I have. I guess I haven't wanted to be repetitive.

So a quick recap of the last month:

Rae of Hope by W. J. May
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
...It. Was. Awesome. The characters are all so great, I loved their personalities they were so well written.
I had moments when I was so caught up in this book that I actually wanted to start yelling at Rae and tell her what to do, normally that only happens when I'm watching British TV shows... what is it about the British that makes me want to yell advice at them?
All in all it left me wanting more. A must read for any paranormal/ fantasy fan!

FULL REVIEW

Brightest Kind of DarknessBrightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One thing I can't stand when I give a book like this 5 stars is that I can never explain why. It's such a great story I wish I could say why I liked it as much as I did, but it'll take me forever to find any words to fit it.
I can't even go after the few things I disliked... which I actually think made me like it even more.
(I still want to write a fuller review but haven't.)

ReincarnationReincarnation by Suzanne Weyn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This might be one of those books that in a few months or maybe even weeks I look back on and change my rating.
4 because it was pretty simple.
5 because, well I love the idea of reincarnation and I'm a total romantic (even if I don't openly admit it to myself).
I loved traveling through time with the characters. Although historical problem: I don't ever remember hearing of any burnings during the Salem witch trials. I also really liked seeing how time may change but somethings remain the same.


Days of Vengeance (A Horror Novel)Days of Vengeance by Tim Kizer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's a really easy story to get caught up in and once you're in it you're in, you won't want to stop reading until you get to the end. But it's kind of missing a wow-factor that will make a reader gasp or yell out No way!
Although, maybe that's just me, since I did run across a spoiler.
Pro: It's a pretty cool story plot, that will make you want to finish it as fast as you can.
Con: The characters lacked personality, they all felt like they were the same person with the same thoughts.

FULL REVIEW


I'm hoping to finish The Darkening Dream this week but we'll have to see since my reading has slowed down so much. But I can't wait to get a review out for it.

And of course I'm re-reading or re-listening to The Hunger Games, for The Hunger Games Read-a-thon. I don't know why I haven't bought an actual copy, I think I might actually like it more if I read it myself. But I am enjoying it much more this time around.
I've almost chosen teams too.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome reading this month! Here's my Monday Wrap-Up!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_27.html

    ReplyDelete