Friday, February 17, 2012

Love-a-thon Challenge #3

Mini Challenge #3 Make up a mini post telling us about your book blogging experience so far! The highs, the lows, and everything in between! What made you want to start book blogging? What made you decided to STICK WITH IT when you realized how hard it can be? How has being part of this book blogging community affected you?

Hmm. my book blogging experience so far... I don't really know what to say about it. I'll be going on 10 months next week and it does not feel like it; sometimes when I tell people about it I still say I'm starting out. Then I remember oh yeah I'm not really. Although I guess I sort of am, I'm still learning anyway. Still learning that I really need to put myself out there, still learning to devote myself to being more consistent with my postings, still learning that I do not need Dr Pepper to assist me when I write.

I started blogging when Inspired Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer, invited me to join a Blog Hop Giveaway, for St. Patrick's Day (hopefully this year I'll be joining with a giveaway.) I actually won a book too. (I'm pretty sure it was from The Worm Hole.)
So since so many blogs required following, I figured alright well I have a goggle account, I never use it so it's not like I'm actually following.
I did mention in my first post that I had made previous attempts at blogging, one forced the other out of boredom, which did not end well. Maybe the third time would be the charm. I wasn't even planning on devoting it to books, but thanks to all their advice and support it turned into one. There's no saying where I would be if I hadn't decided to review books.

3 comments:

  1. I love the blog I Am A Reader, Not A Writer! It's one of the blogs I visit the most often. I'm glad she inspired you to start blogging too, because you have a very cute blog!

    Happy blog love-a-thon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so new at book blogging, I'm loving finding all of these fun blogs. Visiting via the Love-A-Thon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you decided to commit to book blogging and sharing your thoughts on books. While it takes a lot of time and effort, I can definitely say it's an incredible experience and a fun one too :) I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete