Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Monday! / Challenge Update


It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

Unfortunately  I didn't get to do a lot of reading this past week. I did finish The Belly Dancer, which I mentioned in my last It's Monday post. I did start working on Intangible.
I also reached my deadline for Wizard's First Rule on Friday. When I started reading it back in January, I looked at the Hunger Games countdown on my sidebar and thought to myself: "If I read a chapter a day I could be finished by then." Well that didn't exactly happen, seeing as how it took me 2 hours to read 20 pages.

I'm coming up on the time of year when I just start feeling a bit discouraged, and I realized that there are two challenges that I haven't touched. I also have a few read-a-thons coming up, so I've decided to do some organizing to get my reading back to where I would like it.


I'm actually doing pretty well with the Mount TBR Challenge hosted by Bev @ My Reader's Block.
Of the 5 out of 12 so far I've read:
The Belly Dancer by DeAnna Cameron
Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn
Life's That Way by Jim Beaver
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
Aurelia by Anne Osterlund

And plan to compete it with:
Privileged by Zoey Dean [READ JULY 31]
Two Girls of Gettysburg by Lisa M. Klein
The Lost Valentine by James Michael Pratt  [READ APRIL 13]
The Once and Future King by T.H White
The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson [READ APRIL 21]


Hosted by  Kelly @ Reading With Martinis
For this challenge I wanted to read classics, which I haven't gotten to so far this year; but I'm hoping to read:

The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde
Dracula by Bram Stroker
The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald [READ JULY 22]
The Once and Future King by T.H White
Antony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare [READ JULY 27]
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

Hosted by Words and Peace
Now this ones been a little iffy since lately I've only bee reading contemporary and books published in the last couple of years, not to mention the ones I read to review.
Also the fact that I've been struggling not only with the 1990 choice but also 1994 isn't helping.

The Library Policeman  by Stephen King 1990
The Awakening by L.J Smith 1991 [READ MAY 25]
Lost Boys by Orson Scott Card 1992
Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton 1993
Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind 1994

Now for upcoming read-a-thons, I recently signed up for the read-a-thon that started me on read-a-thons Dewey's Read-a-thon for April 21. I'm not sure how this year will work for me but I can't wait to find out.
I'll be trying to read:

Beowulf
Privileged by Zoey Dean

Then I get a whole day break because two days later:

Besides finishing whatever I start during the previous read-a-thon I will be trying to read:

Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Later in May we start:


Where we are challenging readers to read Greek mythology inspired books as well as Chick-lit mysteries.
I'm looking forward to this for so many reason. Check out the full details HERE.
We'll be posting the list of book suggestions a little closer to the start date, but I'm hoping to get to

Abandon by Meg Cabot [READ APRIL 28]
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Destined by Jessie Harrell

Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot

AND of course for the all Meg read-a-thon in between:
Insatiable
Boy Meets Girl

It'll be a snap.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged. I hope you get caught up during the readathons!

    ReplyDelete