Friday, March 2, 2012

"To Do" #5 - Archery

This is a list of things to do in my life. I'm making it because I'm big on life experiences.
They are things I'd like to experience in my life, however small, although very few actually are.
The items on this list are not in any specific order.

This week's To Do is bought to you by a comment I made earlier this week:
"3. You are a tribute and your mentor is planning the best strategy for you to win. What do you think will be your best selling attribute and/or skill?
... I'd love to say I'm awesome with a bow and arrow but sadly I've never gotten to use one, totally on my list though.

I can't say how long I've wanted to learn archery.
I've always been a fan of the old fashion weaponry. I went off it for a bit when Lord of the Rings came out since everyone wanted to be just like Legolas.


Well at least little British boys from what I heard. But still. I say archery, that is the first thing that came into people's mind.

I actually had the chance to try two years ago, but of course when I went to get a bow no one was around. So thank you whoever you are who decided to take an extra long lunch break.
I'd also like to thank my reasons to question number 4:
"No, they're the reasons I never learned archery..."
Yeah, thank you parents, had they let me go in when I wanted to, I might have had a chance.

Of course I'm probably going to have to put this off for another few years thanks to a certain movie coming out soon.



No matter how awesome I think that scene is, and that's very, I don't want people thinking that I'm doing it because of it.

And having belly danced through the Shakira years I've experienced first hand people doing things just because they're "in". Can't tell you how many times I rolled my eyes when some girl got super excited that the step we were working on was "just like Shakira's!"

It actually hit me a few months ago that if I was going to do it, it had to be before the new year, but there are surprisingly few places you can go for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment