Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Top Ten Books I'd Play Hooky With

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Well if this isn't an invitation to fill up up a list with Meg Cabot books I don't know what it. Alright I won't do that, maybe.
I'm going to try to go back a few years when my reading habits were a bit different. Mainly I would read when I could, as to now when I read every chance I get, and that's a lot.

I read a lot more now then I did then, but it was also that I would reread a lot at the time also. I was easily addicted to them they were so good, I would finish them quicker and would put anything off for them. (Don't worry I was already, and still am, a homebody so I really didn't miss much.) So this is my list for top ten books I might have actually played hooky with:

Alright lets start with the obvious (only because I just mentioned them)

1.1-800 Where-R-U Series by Meg Cabot. While everyone was in the auditorium watching some movie (Napoleon Dynamite) I'm sitting in the corner trying to read When Lighting Strikes. I read them while the school was doing standardized testing, which was perfect because I had so much extra time. And had I know we were going to be stuck watching Napoleon Dynamite that day I would have gladly played hooky to finish it off and be near the next to start quicker.

2. The Mediator series by Meg Cabot. Read the first two during the last week of Winter break, skipped the first day back to read the third.
In my defense it was raining... which really isn't a very good defense since I lived right down the street from school.

3. Teen Idol by Meg Cabot. I can't believe I've almost forgotten how much I loved this one. It's one of the few I could finish in a day in a half so whenever I got the change I would read it. I don't think I ever played hooky with it but I did try to miss a New Year's Eve dinner.

4. Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray, I don't think I missed much for these, just most of Thanksgiving, a walk around the city and dinner while on vacation, nothing major.

5. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. My first love, I'd go anywhere with you.

6. Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe. With these characters you can't not play hooky.

Then for my recent reads:
7. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. My brother-in-law recently played hooky with The Hunger Games. Who wouldn't?
Although me, halfway through each one I just suddenly stopped for about a week.

8.  Unnatural Law by Natasha Larry. Guess where I was New Year's Eve. Most New Year's parties I attend either don't have a clock, or are celebrated with dim sleepy lighting, so reading is the best thing I could do to ring in the new year.

9. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. I could see myself spending the day with these.

10. Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran. This is somewhat of an odd choice; but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment