Saturday, April 21, 2012

Read-a-thon Hour 13 (So I'm Told)

Really 13 hours?
I love posting things and watching the time go by on them.

Posted: 10 minutes ago
Posted: 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
Posted 5 hours ago.

For someone who doesn't like to see time go by I sure do.

It's actually not my 13th hour. Unfortunately my morning started pretty slow, so I had to cross off Beowulf from my list. I was hoping to make it up with The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but forgot to take it with me when I left the house. So had to cross that off.

Then it took me a while to get back, so much so that I almost backed down, but that is not me.

Currently halfway through Speak. At this rate I can get a book (maybe two) and a half.
Although for me it's not the number of books but the number of pages.

Anyway before I go back to reading, how about some challenges?

1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
I really don't want to complain, but yeah my eyes are pretty tired. Is that completely the read-a-thons fault? I really can't say.

2) What have you finished reading?
Ask again later.

3) What is your favorite read so far?
The only one I've read?

4) What about your favorite snacks?
Chocolate!
Which reminds me, time for more.



From The Fake Steph Dot Com
For this mini-challenge, I want you to tell me about your favorite unlikely hero, troublemaker, or anti-hero.  Recommend some books with some shady characters and tell me why you love them!

I love Dorian Gray, and not just because Ben Barnes played him in the movie. If anything Dorian made me like Ben more. I can't really say why I like him. I'm always noticing that, that's the character I'm drawn to. The corrupted Dorian Gray. The vengeful Count of Monte Cristo. Ruthless Marcella from Daughters of Rome.

Is it because they do what we won't, but would kind of like to? Probably. 
They have a type of power that no one can take away from them.

1 comment:

  1. Time does fly by during this read-a-thon! 24 hours sounds like a long time, but then you realize, not so much! So glad that you could join us today, and hope you're having fun despite the rocky start!

    -- Shaunie (Team Mercutio)

    ReplyDelete