Wednesday, April 18, 2012

ReIntroducing Me

A year later and I'm now a link blogger.
Have to admit it keeps getting better than previous results. 

And apparently my blogging type is Artistic and Passionate

You see your blog as the ultimate personal expression - and work hard to make it great. One moment you may be working on a new dramatic design for your blog... And the next, you're passionately writing about your pet causes.Your blog is very important - and you're careful about who you share it with. 

 

I guess this isn't much of a reintroduction since not much has changed since my original post. I once had a friend from high school tell me it was good to see I hadn't changed... Yeah it had only been maybe a few months since we last talked. 

I'm still the same person who wrote all that, although it has been a while since I'm made any jewelery. August, maybe?

 

Same old same; therefore I've finally decided to share the videographer story.

 

It all started in 2008; or was it 2007? Either or. I saw film editing in a career guide and immediately knew that's what I wanted. I love creating things and the film field seemed like a good spot for me to do so. I joined a film class my senior year of high school but unfortunately I was the only one who actually wanted to be there, so I ended up pretty uninspired. Which usually results in me being mean. 

 

Now I also mentioned in my original post that  my senior year was kind of a hard time for me, so that definitely did not help me.

Me uninspired equals me missing out on great opportunity boost. Which then leaves me at the bottom.


Out of high school, I joined more film classes where I met people that actually wanted to be in "the biz." From hopeful actors, to writers, to other editors, maybe a producer.

 

It was at this point that I realized:  I might just be uninspirable.

 

All those hopefuls? Kind of annoying.

 

I started thinking "Well maybe the film field doesn't have a place for me, I want to edit, hell I'll do wedding videos if I have to. It doesn't have to be film."

After that I was actually hired to do a Quinceañera video.
(try to catch my Little Miss Drama Queen signature at the end).

This is actually also where the videographer part of the story comes in, since I shot a lot of those videos. I realized that I love shooting and I love putting all that together and making something out of it.

But then I realized anyone with a camera and computer can do that.
Boo do it yourselfers!

And thus ended that career path.
Plus my camera broke.

Will I ever consider giving it a second chance?
Maybe, like I said I love creating things; and editing videos and watching people smile as they watch them is something that I love also.

I once met a somewhat cute guy named Zach who said if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life. I know a lot of people say that but when he said it you bought it.
At least according to me two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment