Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring Into Horror Day 2


Pages read: 147

Fellow Meg-a-readers look away because I'm about to confess that I'm barely getting to Abandon. Oh, I really should have spaced that warning with the confession. Oh well, now you know that I'm hosting a celebration to a sequel of a book I haven't even read. And don't get me started on the Heather Welles mysteries... well maybe you should.
I've said too much.

Moving on... so far I'm halfway through:
Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1)

It's kind of strange, not the story, well I'll get to that in a second, I mean a story in the story. My mind has been a little scatterbrain lately, (or as a British friend once said Swiss Cheese) so I'm not sure if a certain part was already explained in the book or if I just read it somewhere else. With me those types of coincident occur frequently. I couldn't remember reading it in the book, but now I'm starting to wonder if it might be a big possibility.

As for the story... I'm hoping it ends up being like Airhead where I didn't really like the first but ended up loving the rest of the trilogy. It went from 2 stars to 4.
It feels a little too introductory, like it's just the set up for the other two books and it's really past-tensed.
A big reason The Hunger Games bugged me; all those memories.

For tonight, I may or may not be getting back to Elixir, best guess probably. But as I wrote that a little voice in my head said "what's the rush?'

No comments:

Post a Comment