Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Characters

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Oh goodie! A list that's gonna make me think.

Lets get started:


1) Cleopatra Selene from Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran. I can end the list right here with her. She is such an amazing character it's hard not to love her.

2) Roxy from Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe. This girl is the best friend everyone needs. Or at least the friend I need.

3) Razzle from Razzle by Ellen Wittllinger I read this book about eight years ago and I still have moments when I think of Razzle. I finally got myself a copy last week so as soon as I read it again I'll let you know why.

4) Hope Shay from Now You See Her by Jacquelyn Mitchard. Another character that has stuck with me after almost six years. Honestly she isn't the most likeable character you'll read but her story is, which will make her likeable. 

5) Jess Mastriani from 1800 Where-R-U by Meg Cabot. Really do I need to give reasons for her, this book is in all the other list I can stick it in why not this one?
But really, I like that Jess is a fighter, nowadays that lovesick girls are so popular in YA books she stands out. Although who wouldn't be lovesick over Rob Wilkins? She even made throwing yourself at a guy look good.
“Didn't your mother ever tell you," Rob asked, "that you're supposed to play hard to get?"
I looked at his lips. I probably don't need to tell you that they're really nice lips, kind of full and strong-looking.
"What," I wanted to know, "is that going to get me?

6) Suze Simon from The Mediator by Meg Cabot.  ^^^DITTO^^^ Like Jess she's a fighter too, but she does it all in awesome outfits.

7) Haylee Mitchell from Darwin's Children by Natasha Larry. Well I did mention dreaming about her last week. Get in my dreams get on a list.*

SPOILER WARNING. If you haven't read Being Nikki by Meg Cabot you might want to skip number 8.
8) Nikki Howard from Runaway by Meg Cabot. That's the real Nikki Howard, the brain not the body. She was easy to understand and I'm a fan of angry sarcasm.



9) Carmen from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares, my favorite of the four, and she just got better as the story progressed. In the first few she was kind of a brat but by the end she grew out of it and it really worked.

10) Beverly Cleary's Ramona Quimby. I grew up with her, sure she was annoying at times but she was awesome all the thime.

Ha. I didn't mean to add all girls, I realized it about halfway through. Sorry fellas maybe next time


*Just for the record Matt Carter or any of the other boyfriends mentioned in my Top 5 Boyfriends list were not in my dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Ramona when I was little. She is one of the BEST female protagonists :)

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete