Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dusty Reads (11)

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on a home shelf for some time.

Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
Strangers on a TrainThe inspiration for Alfred Hitchcock's classic 1951 film, Strangers on a Train launched Highsmith on a prolific career of noir fiction, proving her a master of depicting the unsettling forces that tremble beneath the surface of everyday contemporary life.

Guy Haines and Charles Anthony Bruno, passengers on the same train. But while Guy is a successful architect in the midst of a divorce, Bruno turns out to be a sadistic psychopath who manipulates Guy into swapping murders with him. "Some people are better off dead," Bruno remarks, "like your wife and my father, for instance." As Bruno carries out his twisted plan, Guy is trapped in Highsmith's perilous world, where, under the right circumstances, anybody is capable of murder.

  
Not as dusty as it could be since I took it off it's shelf a couple of weeks ago, but then other things came up and I decided to read a few other books first. Plus I borrowed a few so I needed to get those out of the way.

No saying when I'll try again since I'm a read what you feel type.

No comments:

Post a Comment