Monday, May 21, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

The time has finally arrived for the Mythology Challenge part of the Meg-a-Readers blog hop, which will run til June 16, conveniently the day before the Meg-a-Readers read-a-thon.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it (most likely whenever I mention anything about Cleopatra, which will be a whole other story later this week.) but there are a few topics that really fascinate me. And every once in a while when they interest me again, I tend to become a bit infatuated.
That being said since about the beginning of this year I've been filling my shelves with anything I can find related to mythology. Mainly Greek, it's the easiest to find.

Getting to my point: I finally get to read those.
Starting with The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter.
The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)

But of course by "starting with" I actually mean as soon as I finish The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening
The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
Which I started back during season one. I only made it to about page 68, which is actually where I am now, before I stopped. A part of me did want to go back to it but I wasn't in much of a hurry, until I saw that I could use it for the First Years of My Life challenge.

Hopefully I can finish it this week, mainly because I'll be seeing the person I borrowed it from on Memorial Day so it would be nice to give her back her books I've had for almost two months.

Speaking of vampires I also started the audiobook for The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
Audiobook plus class equals confusion? Yes.
Well really not so much confusion as distraction; mainly pertaining of the "Hey that hunter sounds hot" variety.

5 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to get the Goddess Test. I love books that use myths. Here's what I'm up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books based on myths. You should check out the mythology challenge I'm hosting with another blogger: http://lmdqueen.blogspot.com/2012/05/mythology-challenge.html

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to check out The Goddess Test, it sounds good! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to read the Vampire Diaries...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed The Goddess Test. Happy reading.

    My favorite read last week was the audio of On the Beach by Nevil Shute. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete