Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My First Ever Meg Experience


Welcome to day one of the Meg-a-Readers Blog Hop! I can't believe it's already here! For the next 2 months we'll be together reading, reviewing and pondering our admiration for all things Meg Cabot. Plus anything else that relates to her genres.
Oh and we also might be giving away some of her books that just happen to be signed. I might actually be giving away a little something at the end of this post.

I, myself will be hitting a milestone during this event, I realized while posting my review for Underworld that it was my 49th Meg Cabot book so by July I'll have made it past 50.
Well not that far past since I only have two at the moment. But we'll get there when we get there; for today let's take a look back at the one that started it all.

Like most readers I discovered Meg Cabot thanks to a certain Disney movie based on her book The Princess Diaries.
Oh that brings back memories. You don't realize what you forget until something reminds you.

When the movie came out I really don't remember being much of a reader, maybe a few classics that had been adapted for younger readers, a few mysteries. I didn't even realize that it was a book until almost two years after, I really can't even say what I was doing in a bookstore in the first place.

But there it was all pink with it's tiara.
It was that day that I realized: they make movies out of books!?
One of the many reasons I call the Summer of 2003, the Summer of my Awakening.

The Princess Diaries might be my first Meg Cabot novel, but my first actual "Meg Experience" was 

Princess Lessons: A Princess Diaries Book
Princess Lessons. I'm not sure why I chose to read this first.
It was short? I was really into girly self-help books? I wanted something small to try out first? I felt like I needed to get that one while the store still had it?

I really can't say. But I was super excited about it.

I wish I could share my journal entry from that day but, no. Not happening, while I might think that I was a cute 13 year old, I'd rather not share her with the world. If any of you have your journals from when you were 13 just find an entry where you mention hoping the guy you had a crush on would notice you and how he said bye to your friend but not you.

After school we went to the mall, I got this Princess Diaries book, but it's not about the movie.
- May 1, 2003

Did you notice the date on that? I discovered The Princess Diaries on Princess Mia's birthday!
I just noticed that.

I can't believe it's been nine years, that so weird. I was actually reading Underworld the first of this month! I celebrated without even noticing.

Soo, doing something for next year. 10 years people! That's reason to celebrate. Or you know commemorate the date, all that you need to know is that there will most likely be a giveaway.

Next year, que sera sera.

But lets get back to today. I've got some Meg Cabot bookmarks for you, (I did say a little something.)

Since this is a small giveaway I'm gonna stick with my usual format.

Just fill out >>>>THIS FORM <<<<
Extra entry if you're a part of the hop. (I will check your number so be sure to get it below before entering.)
US only.

Winners announced the Thursday May 24th.

Oh and did I forget to mention the Grand Prize?
Signed ARC of Underworld
Signed paperback of Abandon
Signed book jacket of Underworld
and swag
 a Rafflecopter giveaway Anyone interested in joining sign-ups are still open for another week.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Loved reading your story!! :)

    The movie was my ticket into everything Meg too :). And congratulations on hitting the 50 mark almost! I've read that many too, I think a few more, but I also own about as many (I am obsessed! I told you!!).

    Here's my Meg Story:
    http://romancebookie.blogspot.com/2012/05/meg-readers-kick-off-my-meg-story.html :)

    ReplyDelete