Friday, May 18, 2012

To Do #6 - Live

This is a list of things to do in my life. I'm making it because I'm big on life experiences. They are things I'd like to experience in my life, however small, although very few actually are.
The items on this list are not in any specific order.

As I was getting reading to write this post, well alright not really I actually wasn't thinking about it, a list of books about "Bucket List" was bought to my attention.
Featuring a book appropriately titled:

From what I've seen so far, this book is really showing me that 1. I don't have enough things on my list. 2. I need to add more selfless deeds to it. and 3. I've no imagination when it comes to really living.

But I do have an eye for segues though. Which leads me to: To Do #6 Live.

To quote (because you know I can't get enough of those) Oscar Wilde: “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” 

Hmm.. A part of me feels like I should have said Do something selfless. Yeah well like I said I'm selfish. I guess I actually can't be selfless without doing a little living. I've spent most of my life just existing.
Sure I've gone out and done a few things but I haven't really lived.

I've been like Rapunzel trapped in that tower for so long.
I can go on like this but I won't. Writing like this, I mean, not, you know, "trapped in a tower".
But I guess that applies also.

I am such a hypocrite when it comes to this topic, I'm always going on about how I have "a lot of living left to do" and regretting what I do as opposed to what I don't. But the problem is; I don't do much.

I don't even focus that well, looking at the fact that the above quote wasn't the one I meant to share!

“Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you! Let nothing be lost upon you. Be always searching for new sensations. Be afraid of nothing.” 

That's the one I was aiming for!
Oscar Wilde, all his quotes are good.

And with that there really isn't much more to say on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment