Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tune In Tuesday: Dirty Dancing

Tune In Tuesday is a fun weekly post hosted by Ginger at GReads.

For this week's Tune in Tuesday in honor of the first day of our Meg-A Readers event, I've decided to post something for Princess Mia. Since The Princess Diaries was the first novel I read by Meg Cabot and she is always mentioning this movie throughout the books, and it's most likely a big reason I even watched it myself.

I give you the final dance scene to Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing:


I have to admit she was right when she said dancing in movies is just better.
I say that while hating most dance movies.

While the original was totally great, I have to admit I prefer Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights. It feels a little more real to me. I see the first as a love story with dancing and the second as a dance story with love.



5/16 I totally forgot that Patrick Swayze had a cameo in the second, I was just watching the video again and realized that was him around the minute mark!

6 comments:

  1. Dirty Dancing is such a classic!! :)

    And great choice for Meg! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was originally thinking Footloose, but I couldn't resist Dirty Dancing.

      Delete
  2. I've never watched either either of these movies in their entirity, but I do like the second one's clips better. The way her family reacts makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the second Dirty Dancing, but the first one is simply a classic. Thanks very much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe, I had to sneak to watch Dirty Dancing when I was a teenager, and then I got caught in the middle and didn't get to finish it. But it was worth the long wait to see the move once I was an adult. I loved it so much that it was my movie night pick to share with my husband because somehow he hadn't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Dirty Dancing! The second one is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete