Friday, June 22, 2012

Airhead 1-3 Reviews

[Hint hint some of the reviews I'm posting might hold answers to some of the challenge quotes.]


Airhead (Airhead, #1)Airhead by Meg Cabot
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I just didn't think it was realistic enough, and I don't mean the obvious parts, (view spoiler)[of course a brain transplant isn't suppose to be realistic. (hide spoiler)]
I mean everything else, the life styles of all the characters, something just didn't fit right.
Hopefully the rest of the series gets better.
{I know a 2 right? Although actually not the first I've given a Meg Cabot book it still surprises me.}


Being Nikki (Airhead, #2)Being Nikki by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't really like the first book in the series and I wasn't planning on reading this one. I went to a book signing and this was pretty much my only choice so I decided to give it a chance and I'm glad I did, the story got way better in this book.
It's pretty unrealistic of course, but still believable.
And there's something about it that just got me wanting more.

Runaway (Airhead, #3)Runaway by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You know what I don't like about the end of almost all Meg Cabot series? The ending. They're always so neatly wrapped up with a bow, the main character ends up having a meaningful conversation with her awesome boyfriend says a sweet yet slightly cheesy final line, they kiss, the end. And I get it these characters deserve a happy ending, they do, it just bugs me that it all comes together in the final chapter. It just winds down too quickly for me. But I keep reading because I think she is an awesome author.
This story ended up being really good, considering that I didn't really like the first in the trilogy.

3 comments:

  1. I love cheesy!! lol. That's probably the main reason I read, I want to be able to escape from reality. I mean of course I like to read more realistic books once in a while.
    This series kept me on my toes the entire time! And then after I finished the second one I had to wait an entire year before the third!! And the second had ended so abruptly, I remember!! lol I may change my mind now though, since its been a few years since I read those :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for cheesy, and I totally agree about it being the reason I read too, it's the prefect escape from reality.

      Those moments are also why I love her books. But I don't know... I wrote that last year, maybe it was my way of acting out because the trilogy was over. Because, really? I can't remember what was going through my mind when I wrote it.

      Delete
  2. I've only ever read the Mediator series by Meg Cabot, I always mean to try some of her other stuff but it hasn't happened yet...

    I want you to know that I've awarded you the Liebster Award. You can find out more about it here: http://xjessiexbellex.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete