Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

Another week and yet another month. I practically slept through last week (almost literally) and wasn't focused enough to write anything. I wanted to do so much, like share my new blog I'm working on and I also have a giveaway winner to announce. Iwas hoping to make up for it this week, but on Friday I decided to move the giant desk out of my room, long story short the giant thing didn't make it very far.
So now it sits in the middle of my room.
I really think it brings the room together. (Yes that's a Cabbage Patch doll)

Unfortunately with the giant thing in the middle of everything I haven't been able to reconnect my computer; so it's off in a corner right now.
And by corner I mean the foot of my bed, one Rockette dream and that monitor could go flying.

I actually realized that I could connect it and just type in bed, much like I'm doing now with my laptop. Whose backspace is really hard to use so sorry for any misspellings.

You might actually remember that giant desk from a previous post where I shared my bookshelves:
Well it turns out it's a good thing I don't have too many books because I had to stick them all in one bookcase:
Unfortunately now I really shouldn't buy more books... lets see how long that last. (Yes that pink thing on top is my Nook, fondly now as Linky, which pretty much means I don't actually have to buy books but even that doesn't stop me.)

Now that we're on the subject of books, what have I been reading this last week?
Well since I did say I slept through last week I obviously didn't do much reading.

Since my last post I finished: A Healing Heart by Melissa A Hanson, I'll have a review for that up on Friday. For now I'll just say it has really stuck with me.

I also finished:
The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)The Awakening by L.J. Smith
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
5/25
I guess some things are better left unfinished.
Alright that's not true I'm actually glad I finished reading, no matter how much I didn't want to.
11/12/09
Alright so the two main reasons I started reading this book are:
1) it was free
and
2) for some reason Thursdays were never good days for me so I thought it'd be safer for everyone if I just stayed inside reading.

I think I made it up to around page 60 before I had to stop, I might have been enjoying it up to that point, even though I'm pretty sure Kathrine might have been bugging me a little, actually that might be true for most characters. Besides that I kind of liked where the story was going, even though technically it had barely started from where I left off.
Anyway I don't remember what happened the next Thursday but it must have been bad since I didn't even want to read, after that I kept putting it off or forgetting about it until I couldn't find it. I might consider finishing if I ever get it but I'm not in much of a rush.

It felt too YA for me, but I did think it was pretty amusing that they never used the word "vampire".

During one of my many sleepless nights I also read:
Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Finished it at about 3 in the morning, not because I couldn't put it down though. I didn't think it was that great, it did leave me wanting to know what happens next, but not enough to actually keep reading.
The dialogue was just too much.

Read his for the meg-a-readers mythology challenge. It kind of upset me that I didn't enjoy it, since I did want to try and read the series. But again the dialogue was a little annoying.

And during one of my upset nights
Bound in SinBound in Sin by Cynthia Eden
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I was upset and this was the first thing I opened to, since it was short I read it. I was kind of hesitant about the plot but it turned out really good.

I call romances like this my "upset reads" because the only time I'll read them is when I am upset.

I'm still working on The Goddess Test, which I could have finished last week had I been able to read any. I'm loving it so far.
But I was actually a little annoyed when I realized it was yet another Persephone retelling; I didn't process it when I decided I wanted to read it. I saw Goddess and just said yes.

This week I'm mainly focusing on finishing that. I'm not sure what else I'll be starting. Maybe another "Upset Read," I've actually wanted some historical fiction so I'll see which I pick from my slightly over-filled shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment