Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Princess Diaries 1-4 Reviews

Since The Princess Diaries is what pretty much encouraged me to continue faithfully writing in my journals, I'd like to share a few thoughts I wrote down after reading the first four in the series.

Except for the first these are all original thoughts I wrote in my journal at the age of 14.

Which is another perfect reason to thank Meg, if it hadn't been for The Princess Diaries I probably would have stopped writing sometime around 9th grade and I wouldn't remember being such a weird teen.


The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think this is officially the first book that actually got me interested in reading. I think mostly since it's such a long series I knew exactly what I was going to read next. Unlike before where I would be completely confused as to what to read. I fell in love with this book the first time I read it; since then I don't even know the number of times I've reread it.


Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My thoughts on the book after I read it the first time:
January 17, 2004
I never noticed how I am obsessed, and totally crazy about Princess books. I love the stories, I finished this in like three days. I couldn't put it down (unless I had to, like for Bewitched.)

I was about to turn 14 when I wrote this, and The Princess Diaries were a huge part of my teen years and like I said I genuinely was obsessed with "princess books" although truthfully couldn't name more than three at the time. Actually I still can't. Oh and I had just rediscovered the 60's show Bewitched (which I was also pretty obsessed with).

 Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)Princess in Love by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My thoughts on the book after I read it the first time:
WARNING I WAS OVERLY OBSESSED WITH THE SERIES SO FAR SO BE WARNED THAT THE FOLLOWING IS PRETTY MUCH THE RAMBLINGS OF A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL
February 10, 2004
I don't think I am going to be able to concentrate today, because just now in homeroom I finished Princess in Love. I am totally obsessed with it, I can't stop thinking about it. I am in love with that book! I wish something like that would happen to me...

I'll just leave it at that, I go on to gush about how great it is for about four pages, and somethings are better left unshared. But I do blame my love for these books for my constant writing in my own journal, which was obviously a good thing because I would never have remembered all this.

 Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)Princess in Waiting by Meg Cabot
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My thoughts on the book after I read it the first time:
WARNING I WAS OVERLY OBSESSED WITH THE SERIES SO FAR SO BE WARNED THAT THE FOLLOWING IS PRETTY MUCH THE RAMBLINGS OF A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL
February 13, 2004
I have found true love! To bad it's with a fictional character, unless there really is someone like that out there... Yeah I finished the last PD book, as in no more of that for me. (Unless I reread them which I probably will.)
I'm never going to read another book in my life, none can top this or I don't want it to be topped.


Feel free to make fun of me for this one, I was way out there, and that's only the half of it. It was also before I knew there was going to be ten in the series, I didn't even know there would be a fifth.

No comments:

Post a Comment